Airbnb Invesors FAQs
Answers to your frequently asked questions
What should I do first?Get a home analysis. Believe it or not, not every property works well as an Airbnb.
Give us a call by scheduling a time here that's convenient for you! (We love guiding investors through this process.) We'll help you get your head around the initial setup costs, monthly utility costs, and other ongoing expenses. That way you can see if the numbers make sense for your property.
Our initial consultation will answer your questions, save time and money, and help you make the best decision.
How do I know if my property will be appealing to guests?Although some guests are looking for the most economical option, most are turned off when a property is furnished in a poor manner. We encourage owners to furnish their rental home(s) as nicely as possible. This leads to better reviews and more return bookings (read "more revenue").
FYI, we offer interior design services that can make your property look amazing! We pore over every detail, all the way down to the bed linens, to ensure guests have reasons to gush over your property!
Is there really a big demand for vacation rentals in Greenville? And if so, is that only for certain areas of town?Greenville is an urban environment so we have traffic throughout the year. Late November through February are generally slower months but there is always a reason to come to Greenville. Guests want to be near attractions (i.e., within four miles of downtown) and they want a safe space. We have (or manage) properties in all neighborhoods of Greenville. Each offers something specific to guests traveling here.
How much money does it take to furnish an Airbnb?It depends. Do you want your guests to feel like they're staying at Motel 6 or the Westin?
Nothing wrong with Motel 6. But it's no-frills. You won't ever feel "pampered" staying there. Westin Hotels, on the other hand, offer higher quality everything. Guests receive a luxury feel, so they're willing to pay more.
Bottom-line: You can't fill your property with cheapo thrift-store furnishings or low-end, uncomfortable bedding--and expect guests to pay Westin prices.
(Speaking of thrift-stores...we have purchased some items from thrift stores, but only highend pieces that look great and guests love.)
Here are some averages prices for furnishing a rental property:
What things will make me unsuccessful as an Airbnb owner?Cheap furnishings, a drab, run-down home interior, a lack of "curb appeal," weird smells...these are the most common turn-offs.
A lot goes into making a property inviting to guests. But not to worry! We can help you think through everything your property needs to be more welcoming.
Should I allow pets in my home?We can't lie. Hosting pets is a challenge. But right now, 79% of travelers are traveling with their pets!
For that reason, we think allowing pets is a smart business decision as it will increase bookings for your home. We believe this so much, we offer up to $700 in pet damage insurance for the homes we own and manage!
Pro Tip: If you can offer a fenced-in yard, it will seal the deal for many vacationers with pets.
We'd like to manage our own property. However, we need help getting started. Do you do that sort of thing?Absolutely! That's how we got started-- with only a few rental properties. Now, we're the biggest vacation rental property management company in Greenville!
We've learned a lot along the way and we're happy to share that knowledge with you. We offer an hourly fee for consulting, which we can do over the phone or via Zoom. We'll answer any questions you've got. We can also help you set up your listings and launch your properties. Set up an hourly consultation here.
How long will it take to launch an Airbnb?It averages about 30 days. And that's if you hustle! Gathering materials, buying furniture... all of that is time-intensive. We give our clients/property owners a list of everything they'll need to purchase... which greatly reduces return trips to the store.
- We help you avoid the common mistakes owners make when launching an Airbnb.
- We are fully licensed and insured as a Property Management Company.
- We show you the actual revenue potential of your home prior to launching your property. In fact, our pricing software allows us to maximize revenue for your vacation rental property.
- We're listed on all the major vacation rental sites such as Airbnb, VRBO, Home Away, booking.com, Google Vacation Rentals, and more!
- We're the only Greenville instant booking vacation management company where guests can book directly with us and save at least 10% (off booking on other sites). This means more bookings for owners and bigger savings for guests.
- We ensure repeat guests book with us.
- We inspect your home after every rental to check for damage or loss of items.
- We offer a damage reimbursement guarantee. We will refund up to $1,500 of damage per guest stay (details available upon request).
- We take care of everything: cleaning, linen management, guest issues, and coordination of home maintenance.
- Our professional cleaning process thoroughly disinfects your home after every guest stay.
- We commercially launder towels and bed linens to ensure guests are receiving properly sanitized linens during every stay.